Devon Referral Support Services (DRSS) works on behalf of all of the GP practices in Devon and East Cornwall as a referrals contact centre; supporting you to get the right advice, care or treatment in a timely manner, and we are very passionate about this!
DRSS work closely with a wide range of people, groups and organisations within our local communities, and further afield, to provide you with the best possible service. Helping to shape local health services for the future.
DRSS sits within Northern, Eastern, Western & Southern Devon and Torbay CCG (NHS Devon CCG) and provides services to 1.3 million people across NHS Devon CCG and the eastern locality of Kernow CCG. Follow the links to find out more about your local CCG, what a CCG is and how the NHS works.
The teams' key principles are:
- Providing an excellent patient experience
- GP led
- Promote primary and secondary care clinical engagement
- Right referral to right place with the minimum delay or inconvenience
- Improve communication and feedback to promote best practice
- Hold and disseminate information about services available
- Real time data at practice level
- Offer meaningful choice to patients
- Capture patient experience feedback
- Using the e-Referrals System (formerly Choose and Book) and pathways tools to support delivery
Everything we do supports healthy people, living health lives in healthy communities. We do this by ensuring individuals access the right advice, care or treatment in a timely manner.
DRSS provide a supportive, efficient, patient centred service in a professional manner
We recognise and respect each other, our differences and our opinions
We work & communicate together to uphold an honest and open environment for our department
Safety for patients and colleagues is our primary concern, we are courteous in all our interactions and provide the best value for money to our local health and care community