MyHealth - Devon has been developed by Devon Referral Support Service, part of the Wider Devon Sustainability and Transformation Partnership (STP) with the support of local clinicians.
Our aim is to empower people to be healthier, better informed and to take greater responsibility for their own health and health choices. We will do this by providing evidence based information that:
- enables patients to make informed decisions about their care and treatment options
- promotes Shared Decision Making conversations between patient and clinician
- promotes self-management of their conditions
- promotes a healthy lifestyle
- informs people in Devon about local services and support groups
When you have appointments with medical professionals (such as doctors, nurses, dentists, opticians, physiotherapist or podiatrists), you might have to make choices about your healthcare. To help you make a decision and to make the most of your appointment time, you may want to ask these 3 questions:
- What are my options?
- What are the pros and cons of each option for me?
- How do I get support to help me make a decision that is right for me?
Rotherham Public Health TV | Rotherham Public Health
published: 21 June 2013
You can click here to download the ask three questions leaflet.
The MyHealth website provides medical information for use to support self-care and shared decision making. The advice given may not be suitable for all individuals and is not a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified healthcare professional. You should check with a healthcare professional if you have any concerns about your condition or treatment before taking, or not taking, any action on the basis of the content on our website. It is up to you to contact a health professional if you are concerned about your health.
To read more about contacting the most appropriate health care professional for you, please click on the icon below.
We welcome your feedback and suggestions for the development of our website and have provided feedback links on all pages to make it easy for you to help us develop the site.